Your teacher, Kent Lofgren
The course consists of ten video lectures and is taught by an experienced university teacher and researcher in the field of Social Science, so you can trust that you'll be learning from someone who has a proven track record of success in the field. Kent is a university teacher and researcher with over 25 years of experience in the field of Social Science. He is an expert in planning, executing, and evaluating scientific studies, with a particular focus on research design. He has published articles and book chapters and has presented at conferences both nationally and internationally. In addition to his academic work, Kent is also a YouTube channel host, with a global audience of students and professionals in the field of Social Science.
- 01 Course introduction (3:19)
- 02 Selecting the research approach & writing the literature review (12:20)
- 03 How to find & use a theory in Social Science research (11:35)
- 04 Tips, tricks, and writing strategies & ethics in Social Science (9:24)
- 05 How to write the abstract, introduction & the research problem (15:00)
- 06 How to write the purpose statement (aim) in Social Science (9:45)
- 07 How to write research questions and hypotheses in Social Science (15:53)
- 08 Quantitative methods in Social Science for beginners (14:50)
- 09 Qualitative methods in Social Science for beginners (13:00)
- 10 Mixed methods research and methods in Social Science (10:40)
My rationale for creating the course Research design and proposals in the Social Sciences for beginners
"I created this online course to be a valuable resource for rookie researchers in the field of Social Science. Based on my expertise in planning, executing, and evaluating scientific studies, I felt well-suited to do it. I cover key concepts of research design with the goal to provide a comprehensive overview, allowing all participants to gain a deeper understanding of how to design and execute high-quality scientific studies."